Can you share what you do with Tasker that you find useful on Android?

Arlen Holder

Dec 1, 2019, 7:40:28 PM12/1/19
Do you use "Tasker" on Android to automate actions?
Can you share what you do with Tasker that you find useful on Android?

<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm>
<https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm>
<https://tasker.joaoapps.com/guides.html>
<https://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/>
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tasker>
<https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/>
etc.

--
Usenet works well when purposefully helpful adult share useful information.

Joe Beanfish

Dec 2, 2019, 10:30:59 AM12/2/19
On Mon, 02 Dec 2019 00:40:27 +0000, Arlen Holder wrote:

> Do you use "Tasker" on Android to automate actions?
> Can you share what you do with Tasker that you find useful on Android?
>
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?
id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm>
> <https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/?
id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm>
> <https://tasker.joaoapps.com/guides.html>
> <https://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/>
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tasker>
> <https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/>
> etc.

I use a different automator, Automagic*Automation
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?
id=ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic
I used to use AutomateIt but It's been having trouble with WiFi rules
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=AutomateItPro.mainPackage

What I do with it?

* Mute/unmute phone at/leaving office/church/doctor by detecting WiFi
* Switch to vibrate mode when plugging in headset
* Maximize volume when entering navigation app (presumptively driving)
* Set volume for night and launch snore tracker when plugging into
power at night. (presumptively bed time)
* Make a noise when it stops charging so I know if my cable came loose
* Enter power save when battery gets low (mainly on my old phone whose
the battery was getting weak)

Eli the Bearded

Dec 2, 2019, 2:51:00 PM12/2/19
In comp.mobile.android, Arlen Holder <arlen.geo...@is.invalid> wrote:
> Do you use "Tasker" on Android to automate actions?
> Can you share what you do with Tasker that you find useful on Android?

I use Tasker with Termux:Task[0] to be the cron tool for Termux[1]. I
have a task that runs a shell script every five minutes. The script
collects data from the phone sensors with "termux-sensor" (part of
Termux:API[2]) and stores it in a JSON file locally. Currently I
manually sync that to my computer for graphing, but I have been planning
to use Termux and a wifi sensor to automated that transfer.

I've got a Cat S61 phone[3], which has a Sensirion SGPC3 volatile organic
chemical (VOC) sensor. Termux:API is the only non-Cat Phones app I've
found that can read the SGPC3 sensor, and the Cat Phone Air Quality app
has no data export capabilties.

Here's an example graph of the last seven days (which has been me mostly
at home for the holidays):

https://qaz.wtf/tmp/tvoc-sample.png

There's a big spike when I was around some smelly candles, though. The
temperature is frequently near body temp when the phone is in my pocket,
but even there it can vary a bit.

[0] https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux.tasker&hl=en_US
https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Termux:Task

[1] https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux&hl=en_US
https://termux.com
https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Main_Page

[2] https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux.api&hl=en_US
https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Termux:API

[3] https://www.catphones.com/en-gb/cat-s61-smartphone/

[4] https://www.sensirion.com/en/environmental-sensors/gas-sensors/
The temperature is from another Sensirion product.

Elijah
------